Tuesday, April 26, 2011

First Post

Although this is my first attempt at blogging, I'm no stranger to the blogging world.  It all started when my bestie Jessica (You might know her from Heart On Homestead) got engaged.  We lived together at the time and spent hours talking about and planning the wedding. (Jess had a few nervous breakdowns, I screamed a lot) I remember hours of sitting on the living room floor stuffing invites and helping with other DIY projects.  It was then that I was introduced to Weddingbee. I myself am not engaged, but let me tell you, I am WEDDING OBSESSED.  And I became interested in blogging.

Anyway, Jessica got married and her and the Bodester ran off to live happily ever after with Kevin. 
 Seriously, did you really think you could get away from gratuitous pictures of Bodie?
Me and Bodie

Since then I have made some some celebrity appearances on Jessica's blog and some of my other girlfriends have joined the blogging world as well.  (Kristin and Nicole) Now I'm not sure my life is super interesting, but I'll give it a shot and see where this goes.  Here's a little bit about me:


I'm 23 years old and live in Virginia with my boyfriend, Steven.  We have been together for just over 2 years and we just bought our first house this past January. I hope to have pictures soon as the house is my major project at the moment.  I work as a consultant at a large wireless company (I'll let you guess as to which one, since I'm sure I'll have an entertaining work story or two at some point) and my boyfriend is a city police officer. We love to travel, but currently we're just getting used to starting our life together. I've never lived with a boyfriend before, so buying a house together was a HUGE step, but we love each other and I'm so excited about our future.
Us in Cincinnati for our birthday weekend

Christmas 2009, yes I'm a munchkin.
So what will this blog be about?  My wedding obsession?  A possible engagement? My awesome and amazing girlfriends? Home renovation and decor? My crazy family? Vacations? Funny work stories? My failed attempts at teaching myself to cook and perform other housewife-y duties? My personal hatred of the gym, yet my pact with Jess to run a 5K?  Yep, all of the above. And maybe I'll make some new friends along the way.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog for multiple reasons:
    1) Because I'm your first follower.
    2) You mentioned my blog (you rock for that).
    3) Because you made it a point to put a picture of Bodie and didn't put one of Jess.
    4) I can't wait to see what crazy and fun stories you have for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I demand before and after pictures of your house, you did such a good job momma! ;)

    YAY FOR BLOGGING! Time for a redesign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 I'm munchkin too so I feel you
    #2 I love Jess too! You're lucky cuz you get to hang out with her
    #3 I love that uber cute pic of Bodie!
    #4 Welcome to blogging! Looking forward to reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited that I can stalk your blog too.... more pics!

    ReplyDelete