Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Our First Home

I mentioned in my First Post that my boyfriend and I have recently purchased our first home.  It's been scary and exciting.  Last summer we had been talking about getting an apartment together and one thing led to another and in January we closed on a house.  It's a big huge step, but we're okay with that.   But Jess has demanded pictures of our place and it's something I'm really proud of so here's some before and after.

  Living Room

 Hallway/Dining Room/Kitchen

Master Bedroom


Two Smaller Bedrooms


We have four bathrooms in the house, and I won't bore you with pictures of our toilets, but I have to show this bathroom, even though I didn't end up changing it because I love the tile!  This  is my private bathroom because, well boys are stinky and girls are pretty, so I got the pretty one :)
This is Steven's reaction when I told him he could make the basement into his Man Cave.
So we picked out some new colors, and furniture, and I put the boy to work.

(This TV stand was almost destroyed in a fit of rage...it has me to thank for it's life) He just looks so cute trying to put it together.

Now...on to the after pictures


I swapped the lime green paint for red, and added my great-grandmother's table (refinished) and a pie-safe my great grandfather made me.  This house is very modern, but  these vintage pieces seem to fit.
 I love our living room furniture, and I was surprised that Steven agreed to it. (Yes I'm watching The Real housewives of OC)


The baby blue paint had to go, and since Steven works nights 2 weeks out of the month, the dark brown paint makes the room super dark, even during the day.  Although it does make it extra hard for me to get out of bed in the morning. Now I just need to find a cheap way to make an awesome headboard.
Since it's just the two of us, I turned one of the other bedrooms into an office/scrapbook room and the other into our guest bedroom.  The blue one doubles as a place for Steven to keep his work paraphernalia  and even though I HATE the blue on the walls, he loves it because "blue is for cops."  At least I can shut the door :)


And even though I doubt Steven will ever visit my little corner of the internet, he'd be disappointed if I didn't show you his pride and joy...his Man Cave. Yes it's a little smelly, the furniture still shows cat hair and his recliner is broken, but he loves this room.  Did I mention Steven had to put his beloved cats in foster care because I'm deathly allergic?  Yes, he loves me.  Don't worry though, they're pretty happy at his mom's house :)


So what personal touches have you added to your home?

3 comments:

  1. Yay for before and after pictures! You did such a great job painting and making it your own and the pie safe/table work perfectly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meesh the house looks great! I love the furniture in the living room. I'm so happy for you kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For real you guys have done a ton.... I am jealous of all your decorations... Patrick just hung a picture and I was stoked

    ReplyDelete