Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Friend, Meri

This is my friend Meri

I met Meri when I started my new job in July 2010. I was scared to start my first "big girl job" but I ended up meeting some pretty cool people in the process.

Meri and I bonded quickly as the midgets of our workplace (we're both hovering around 5 feet) and even though I've known her less than a year she has become one of my dearest friends.  Recently her and her husband Mike were presented with an opportunity to move back to Meri's hometown of Seattle. 

Less than a month after Mike's initial job offer my new friends are moving cross country.  Mike went out a few weeks ago, and tomorrow it's Meri's turn to head to the west coast.
Luckily I find myself in Vegas almost yearly so tomorrow is not goodbye, it's "see you later."

Meri, thank you for being my friend and awesome co-worker.  Some days you were one of the few people who kept me on track at work and in life. Thank you for your magic sprinkles. Love you even if you are twenty-seven hundred miles away. Don't forget to facetime :) And I'll see you later, in Seattle or Vegas.

You can follow Meri's blog here as makes her big move.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post!! I'll have to check out Meri's blog. :D

    ReplyDelete