Saturday, March 24, 2012

30 Day Blogs Challenge: Day 1

It seems I have a severe case of writer's block.  I'm feeling more and more like myself everyday, but still have bad days.  Since I can't just write about horror stories at work, and I'm not pregnant or starting the re-do of the upstairs of my house (which I really hope I can afford soon!) I thought I would do a 30 day blog challenge and hope to jump start my creative juices.

I might not complete this in 30 consecutive days, and might through in a few real posts in between, but here goes nothing.

Day 1:
Talk about your current relationship.

I am currently a newlywed after getting married February 17 of this year. It sounds cliche, but the first time I met Steven, I just had a feeling about him.  I was a senior in college, about to move to Baltimore with some friends, and he was 28 and married.  It was a confusing feeling, and I did my best to ignore him and focus on school and life in Baltimore.

Although nothing inappropriate ever happened between Steven and I; a few months after that first meeting his wife left him and my plans to move away fell through.  Hanging out and flirting commenced, and soon we were absolutely inseparable. A little over 2 years later, he proposed at Camden Yards after an Orioles Victory during the Friday night fireworks show.

I have dated quite a bit, and never thought anyone would really "get" me.  Steven, however, loves that we are independent people with different interests and hobbies, but still enjoy our time together and support each other.  No other man could do the things I need, but leave unsaid. No other man would or has supported me during my bouts of depression, put up with my crazy family, or could have survived a week in a house at the Outer Banks with my girlfriends and their husbands/boyfriends for Jessica's wedding. No other man shares my sense of humor, which is probably the most important thing.

Plus, he comes with a pretty awesome family, which is definitely a perk for me.

I have the perfect amount of time alone, freedom to explore my own interests, spend time with friends, and of course, affection.

I believe that is what makes our relationship work.  We are best friends who love, respect and enjoy one another, but I don't feel like I have lost my individuality, which has often been the case in the past.  I feel like I've known Steven my whole life, and can't wait to spend the rest of it together.

1 comment:

  1. You guys have a great balance in your relationship and I'm so glad you found someone who makes you happy :)

    ReplyDelete