Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Bishes!

Normally, I am not a fan of Christmas.  Growing up it was always awkward. There is a lot of drama among many of my family members, and I can recall feeling tense and anxious throughout the holidays as early as 6 years old.

That being said, I could never really think of anything I wanted, except to NOT have to listen to the bitching my family members would take part in following any holiday gathering. After my parents separated, I dreaded the holidays. It's been a confusing dynamic ever since, and I was sure I would forevermore hate every Easter, Birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Memorial Day...you get the idea.

Since Steven and I started dating, I realized even more how effed up my family is.  His parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins had FUN.  They enjoyed just hanging out with each other, with no trace of the mandatory, alcohol fueled, forced fun my family is used to. And although I wouldn't mind a glass of wine with Christmas (his family doesn't drink...at least not to Grandmom and Poppa's knowledge) I love the laughing, throwing snowballs at Steven's squad car, eating Aunt Joan's crappy brownies and the couches my sister-in-law and I crash on as soon as dessert is over.

This year, I'm excited about Christmas and even have a Christmas List to post!

Here goes!


The Nook HD.
Since I'm a neat freak and hate clutter I love the idea of an e-reader/mini tablet.  I sold my iPad when I lost my job, to make the mortgage and have missed my tablet.  This is small, perfect for reading on, and I'm pretty sure (and hope) I'm going to find it in my stocking :)



Criminal Minds Seasons
When I was out on FMLA and subsequently unemployed, I fell in love with Criminal Minds.  I love the show so much I want the whole series for the times I need to nest on the couch with my good friends at the BAU.  And I might also have a slight crush on Agent Morgan ;)

I'm obsessed with this hoodie from North Face. This, jeans, Uggs and Starbucks? Heaven.


 This is the sweet calf/foot massager from Brookstone catalog I've been eyeing for years. For the record, this picture is basically my version of heaven. Tablet, booze, calf/massager. If only I had an extra $400. (right now it's on special for ONLY $349) I visited a Brookstone store this past weekend and definitely used that thing for longer than the "15 minute per customer" limit. For once I was grateful for my constantly "pissed off/don't bother me" face. But seriously, I'm not always pissed, it's just my face!!

And lastly...


I'm in love with this Etsy store and this necklace!  They make the cutest peapod/birdnest necklaces and bracelets. The only change I would want is for the charm to be the "police officer badge" charm she offers instead of the weird stick figure one shown. But the white beads and silver make this so cute I could squeeeeeeeeeee. (that being the annoying noise dumb college girls make when they unexpectedly run into their roommate at a party, or the noise regular people make when they see baby kitty meme's on the internet)


Merry Christmas Bishes!

1 comment:

  1. Um, I would love the calf massager. Heaven. And also to throw snowballs at a squad car. Also Heaven.

    ReplyDelete