Thursday, August 16, 2012

30 Day Blogger Challenge-Day 8

I'm a horrible blogger.  I think about it often because right now, I have a lot of emotions to get out.  But every time I sit down to do so, I feel like I should be doing something else.  Job hunting? Cleaning my house? Working out?   I do so much of those, I haven't really been taking time for me.  So here's my attempt to re-enter the blog world.

30 Day Blogger Challenge-Day 8:


A moment you felt most satisfied with your life.

Tuesday was my 25th Birthday.  I was pretty bummed most of the day.  My estranged mother moved to another state without letting me know (I found out from my little brother) and even though I know she is incapable of loving me, it still hurts.  It's been 3 years since I've gotten so much as a happy birthday or Christmas card from her. 

That morning I woke up, went to lunch with my dad (Steven had to work and then had bowling until 9:30p).  Afterwards, I hung out at the house and when Angela got off work, her, Jessica, Heather, Kristin, Quorra and Noah took me out for a last minute dinner at one of my favorite places, Romano's (a local Italian place which rivals the Olive Garden).

I know I was grumpy, but I did have fun.  Steven and I were going to go out after he was done bowling, so I got ready and then promptly passed out on the couch.  He called twice, text me twice and then came in to find me passed out.  I wanted to go out, but was clearly exhausted (I feel like a granny being sleepy at 10pm, I can remember getting ready to go out and drinking beer in the shower  at 10pm).  Instead, we opted for pajamas and I poured a glass of wine and we watched tv in bed with the newest addition to our family, which you'll meet in a moment.

At that moment, I felt completely satisfied with my life.  I have a great family, the best friends, and a husband that loves me no matter what.  I might be between jobs, but we have a beautiful house, loving support system (of friends and family that are there to catch us and help us back on our feet), and we have just as much fun going out as we do staying in.

Steven turned 31 yesterday, and we celebrated it similarly. It was perfect.

So even though I've had my fair share of bad luck and bouts of depression, once I stop and think about it, I really can't ask for more.



Oh, and after leaving Verizon (the hell of which I called my job and will be unleashing all the fury I have towards them in a future post) I felt extra lonely and depressed. Like, 10 Xanax and a bottle of wine couldn't make it better depressed. So what did my sweet husband do?  We decided to add a little addition to our family (along with a huge stash of Claritin)

Meet Prim:

She's cute, but ferocious. And has become the diva of our house.  I'll be sure to upload more of her shenanigans soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your birthday ended well. You know we all love you and are here for you ANYTIME. Love you ma!
    Prim is adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had such a great bday dinner with crew minus some members, we love you and wish you well for another 25 years.

    ReplyDelete