Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Christmas!

I promise I'm trying to get back in the blog routine.  I've been trying to find things to do since I've had so much time off work and get back to the old me. Dealing with Metlife has been overwhelming, and even though I still have days where I can't get out of bed and cry all day, I've been having some really good days too. Since my last post I've gotten back into my scrapbooking stuff and plan to finish my Australia book (since I was there in 2007 and it's still not done, and then just picking up my new book starting with Steven and I dating until now.  I have organized pretty much every nook in my house and am ALMOST done planning my wedding which is freakishly soon-only 46 more days!

Speaking of wedding things, Steven family threw me my first bridal shower since my last post, which included Steven's mother, aunts, grandmother, sister and cousin; and my grandmother and best friend Angela.


 Me and my bridesmaids: Angela, me, Liz (Steven's cousin) and Kara (Steven's sister)
 My grandma, Steven's Aunt Dorothy (and Benji) and Steven's grandmom
 Me and Steven's mom, Betty
And finally me with all my presents :)

Not pictured were Steven's aunts: Joan, Nancy and Marie who flew in from Key West.  I was super excited to be able to have a shower with all of my future in-laws since most of them won't be able to make the trip to Vegas.  They were awesome and I love that they treat me like I've always been part of their family.

And then there was Christmas.  Steven and I hosted our first family Christmas gathering at our home with my dad, his fiance, my brother and sister and Steven's family.  I even got a great pic of my future in laws:
Me & Steven, Greg and Betty, Kara and her husband, Jimmy.

I think I was most excited because this year is not only mine and my stepsister's weddings, but my dad is getting married too.  To surprise him and his fiance, my brother and our future siblings had pictures taken and I was so excited with how they turned out:
My soon to be stepmother even cried :)

And since it's Jan 2, I'll go ahead and throw in a New Years Eve pic for good measure!
I promise he really loves me :)  Hope everyone had a Happy Holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Your wedding cannot be 46 days away... nope. Not possible. The pictures you guys took for your dad and his fi are really great, I love that she cried :)

    I go to the doctor on Friday. Maybe I can convince him I'm not really due in February. That I'm do in May, or even March. And then I can fly to Vegas to see you get married. Yes. Let's make this happen.

    Also, we need to hang out soon. RHH girls night in soon??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many weddings!

    PS: I love the picture of the 4 kids!

    ReplyDelete