Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year/2011 Recap

Since I'm still out of work on disability, I've had a hard time coming up with something to write about.  I've been trying to focus on my health, but really I'm home bored most of the time.  I've done some wedding planning, watched about 293845720372435 episodes of Criminal Minds, spent hours on Pinterest/Etsy, scrapbooked and researched my new diagnosis' for HOURS.  Since the last time I blogged about my mental illness, I was evaluated by a psychiatrist and diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression and OCD.  So, now that we have that figured out, I get to be subject to a nice little cocktail of meds that I'm still getting used to.  They make me feel dizzy, have blurred vision and just, well...numb. Hopefully I'll get back on the right track and I finally have a return to work date set.


But until then, I found this on JeeYoung's blog and thought it would be a nice distraction from the numbness.

2011: In The Beginning
Where did you bring in the New Year? Gold Crown Billiards
Who were you with? Steven, Natasha, Kara, Virginia, Jimmy, Mo, Jaimie...lots of our "bar crew"
Did you make any resolutions? To finally get my life together

2011: Your Love Life
Did you break up with anyone? Nope!
Did you get anything for Valentine’s day? Yes, flowers and a nice dinner at Vito's
Did you meet anyone special? Nope.
Did you fall in love? I stayed in love :)
2011: Friends and Enemies
Did you meet any new friends this year? Yes
Did any of your friendships end? Nope, I think I survived 2011 without one.
Did you dislike anyone? I’m impatient and intolerant of ignorance; so, I’m sure I disliked people in many moments throughout 2011.--I'm keeping JeeYoung's answer, since she summed it up perfectly
Did you make any new enemies? I'm sure
Did you resolve any fights? Of course!
Who was(were) your closest friend(s)? Steven, The RHH&Co, Heather, Anna, Meri, Shae
Who did you grow apart from? Can’t really think of anyone in particular.
Do you have any regrets when it comes to your friendships? Nope
2011: Your BIRTHDAY!!
Did you have a cake? Nope
Did you have a party? Nope
Did you get any presents? Yes a few things from my dad
If so, what was the best thing you got? Steven and I celebrated our birthday weekend watching Reds games, so baseball is always our favorite gift
2011: All about YOU
Did you change at all this year? I finally matured and realized I needed to ask for help
Did you dye your hair? Yes.
Did you get your hair cut? No
Did you change your style? Not really, but I think I have become more consistently fashionable
Were you in school? Nope.
Did you have a job? Yes
Did you drive? About 2 minutes to and from work each day
Did you own a car? Yes, my trusty Civic
Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes! Heather and Nicole both had sweet babies, and I have 3 friends expecting in the next few months!
Did you move at all? Nope and don’t plan on it for awhile
Did you go on any vacations? Siesta Key, Florida; Baltimore, MD; Virginia Beach
Did you leave the country at all? Unfortunately not
Would you change anything about yourself now? I need to get back in running shape
2011: Wrap Up.
Is 2011 a good year? I got engaged, but it's been a difficult year
Did 2011 bring any new insights?  I'm learning to try and let things and people in the past go and look toward the future, and also that I need to take care of myself
Do you think 2012 will top 2011? I hope so, I'm getting married!
2012
How old will you turn in 2012? 25
Do you think you’ll be married by then? I'm getting married Feb 17th!
What do you look forward to most in the next 2 months? My wedding, Jessica's baby
Will you be looking for a new job? Possibly
Will you be looking for a new relationship? No.
New house? Nope
New Years resolution? Take care of myself
Any trips planned? Yes, Las Vegas for our wedding!
Wedding plans? Yes, both mine and my BFF Angela!
What’s on your calendar? Nothing but Dr appointments,wedding stuff until I go back to work
What can’t you wait for? I can’t wait to be married
What would you like to see happen different? Have a more positive, healthy year.
What about yourself will you be changing? My outlook on life, letting the hurt go, learning to love myself
What happened in ’11 that you didn’t think would ever happen? I never thought I'd have a breakdown, but I finally realized I had been too strong for too long
What will you do differently in 2012? Get married!

1 comment:

  1. 2012 is going to be full of wonderful things! Lots to look forward to in your new, married life. Steven is lucky to have someone like you in his life. Hope he knows that. ;)

    ReplyDelete