Friday, January 27, 2012

Baby Fever!

I get married in 21 days! Not that I'm counting or anything...and I'm starting to get really excited about the adventures married life will bring.

I never thought I was the baby type, and Steven and I are pretty sure we are either not going to have kids or just have one.  But I'm going to admit it.  I have baby fever.

It happened in the months leading up to and immediately following my engagement.  Nicole got pregnant. Then Heather got pregnant. Then Jessica. Then Kristin. (All sisters/cousins). Then Shannon.

At first I was a little peeved at the little baby bumps.  Baby bumps that would prevent some of my besties from traveling to my destination wedding that had already been booked and paid for.  Then the babies started to come.

First there came Nicole's Broderick and seriously, this ladies man stole everyone's heart the moment we met him.
 

and a few months later, Heather's Quorra (pronounced Cora).
Cousin portraits borrowed from Nicole. 

And just like that, I had baby fever.  I guess I'm spoiled because I haven't had to deal with the late nights and have never seen more than a momentary tantrum from these two cuties.  I've gotten nothing but cute faces and playtime. And I've got more to look forward to with Brody and Quorra's cousins on the way and due in just a few weeks:
How cute are Jess and Kristin as moms-to-be?

And finishing up the sudden baby-boom, my friend Shannon is expecting baby Joshua at the end of March:

And although actual thought of giving birth still makes me cringe, and screaming tantrum throwing two year olds haunt my nightmares, how could I not be starting to think I can't resist being a mommy when I look back at pictures like this?

3 comments:

  1. Awww! Love the Quorra pics! Being a mom is hard work but it is amazing and wouldn't trade it for the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to steal B's pictures anytime lovie! I think you and Steven would make great parents if you decide to have children. There is nothing else like it in the world and with the RHH on your side you can accomplish pretty much anything! #NothingButLove

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm crying. Because I love you and I'm so heartbroken I'm going to miss your big day. But also because you're going to be an aunt soon to my sweet baby boy and (fingers crossed) he'll be worth all the trouble he's caused all of us!! Hahaha

    If you and Steven ever decided to have a baby, you would be amazing parents. :)

    ReplyDelete